LF: Re: Time efficient code

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Time efficient code
From: "Steve Olney" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 08:10:06 +1100
Sender: <[email protected]>
G'day Rick,

Assume the transmission speed is 60 seconds dotlength. In that case the
time needed to transmit 'CQ ON7YD K' would take :

114 minutes in QRSS
40 minutes in DFCW
30 minutes in '7 tone mode' if we have a space between characters
20 minutes in '7 tone mode' if we have no space between characters
40 minutes in '4 tone mode' if we have a space between characters
30 minutes in '4 tone mode' if we have no space between characters

And 10 minutes in FDK.    I am working on an FDK modulator transmit/receive
hardware/software package.   Probably it will only be useful in the
experimental US Part 15 band given the current climate in the UK.

73s Steve Olney (VK2ZTO/AXSO - QF56IK : Lat -33 34 07, Long +150 44 40)
HomePage URLs:
http://www.qsl.net/vk2zto
http://www.zeta.org.au/~ollaneg

Containing:-