LF: Re LF Beacon signals

To: "rsgb lf group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re LF Beacon signals
From: "LAWRENCE MAYHEAD" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:36:34 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Larryand Bill
Many thanks for the confirmation,I am pleased to be your first European
sighting,intresting that it was a fault (my Freq shift ) that clinched it. I
agree with with Rik and others that we should try some form of freq shift.
Its one thing to be seen, but far better to get some information across! I
have modified my driver and will transmit DFCW tonight ,using 48sec.
elements,24sec. inter-element spacing and 0.15Hz shift.
Lets see how that works!
Regarding the extra dbs, I am only running 350mW so theres  4.5 db to be
obtained from a 1W  station.The other thing is what about a Loop Rx ant.?
that
should give a few dbs improvement in S/N due to directivity. By the way do
we have some form of record in terms of miles per watt? Hi.
Tuesday is fine its in the diary. I hope some others will join us. 73s
Laurie.