Re: LF: Ebnaut receiver frequency stability qustion

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Ebnaut receiver frequency stability qustion
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 11:05:34 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20161114; t=1545235537; bh=UumYTBiG8hnmDwTzCFREu6SfrWNkXpEw0Ns+XyWPdUA=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=JOuixM8fLkgcBYfLS1sA1YTkV3pPK1xh0lLuMLuYwijiQzQx6BMKYXQj6Nd3tMFnV 5od/wopReevJ9X/CozDB+uYPjuESI2wpkJXnWVeTVRIBFWcHrNLV+1enRXm1ARyiky m6VeSStwCPHtldssbQDcbghtpgNyVGpTgJLONHS313/PHyD98DrZ1Os7YzU9jI5ayb c1Mc0OGcx0MMxLtGebT2pIUeDVdoAGX+AOVVKNiWHPmjf1iZzILFTG78g/vMB9FCw8 71ARuTgkjb/z/D8JcNrjoHHUYfs75EM16bI3vi/XtMSggA2HL1rc/tuvTj0YrLj556 jN/y4+664G/ew==
Sender: [email protected]
Yes, a band filter in front of the mixer and then an image rejection
filter on the AF side. Thus it is better to use an LO frequency of 125
or 120 kHz rather than 135 kHz because filtering will be easier then.

The image rejection filter needs to be ahead of the mixer ... otherwise noise (and possibly signals) at 113 kHz will appear as part of the i-f signal at 12 kHz.

Jay W1VD

----- Original Message ----- From: "DK7FC" <[email protected]>