Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TXing 2200m WSPR
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 00:56:49 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1513987011; bh=xnIeK2S1K0WHJlGmpBmfnhqB11PAHJ3sGWVbt5D9Ob0=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=CdiCE7n/kjsN5iLNVogvp2Z88QsoPqUuxgbJKAMIOERFWQHW0xsMsZWhhN2HhLGm1 JzJGXuWnXPLkJhJnYfT29Fih5nZ40JOpdwW0fNgn8JP45eEkoCJwtnHeIpvdXgwNhd Tkzwm37tIeu2zPSEyVi46Zw6HaAdnXU91KA7fMkWYY1t5F+dtY1b2bhXsY/5kHWRiP svU0CKacTR4lnOAbHpuqP65gv1zqvb/aLfNo9acz60egYSLaBh/e1k4PHMxTZV8F7p gBx873dXsbWF5zChPla2Vy1ToTi9uPUVqB3dYav0QF9ZyRuK2mPpCnPbAEETjLTQ2w jrNJsPt+QVThw==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Paul,

I'm not in your shack, so i can only guess where the problem is coming from... The function of the transformer is not only to match the impedance, it is also for decoupling the shack earth from the antenna earth. Many problems have been cured by adding such a transformer, so just try it. It takes just a few minutes to build one...

The C on the gate is not a good idea i think. Better try a 10...22 Ohm resitor or a ferrite bead in front of the gate.

Is the bias voltage stable? It may be worth to spend 1000 uF parallel to the Z diode. And a normal diode in front of the z diode, i.e. into the yellow wire...

The blue core, maybe it saturates at higher power? Could be worth to try 2 more turns and better use abt 0.5 mm wire for higher power.

But the design is not good for > 30 W or so. Don't expect to much from an IRF530 at 13.8 V.

73, Stefan