Re: LF: A transductor for power regulation?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: A transductor for power regulation?
From: Markus Vester <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 06:41:44 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan,

I think you'd have to do it the other way round, i.e. place the saturable reactor in series with the load.

Without DC, the reactor will present high impedance, minimizing RF and supply current. You could use a small parallel C to tune out the large inductance.

Increasing the DC current will reduce the transductor impedance and increase the output. Higher biasing will reduce the available B swing and voltage drop. At maximum output, you could then compensate the remaining stray inductance by a series C, or a slightly off resonant antenna.

Best 73,
Markus