Re: LF: A transductor for power regulation?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: A transductor for power regulation?
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 22:58:33 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Johan,

Very nice, thanks for the link!

Here is another link which explains something, also with a historic background.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pungs-Drossel
The site is only in German but maybe it translates good in https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=de&sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fde.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FPungs-Drossel

73, Stefan

Am 18.04.2017 22:09, schrieb Johan Bodin:
John is right. The transductors at SAQ can be seen in this photo in google street view:

https://www.google.se/maps/@57.1139306,12.4045874,3a,75y,221.02h,87.43t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sA9thq95lEHf5u-4IrG4StQ!2e0!3e2!7i13312!8i6656

The transductors are the big "rolls" at the top and were called "magnetic amplifers" in SAQ documentation from the mid 20's.

73 de Johan SM6LKM

John Rabson wrote:
I believe something like that is used at SAQ (Grimeton Radio) on 17.2 kHz as a saturable reactor for keying the transmission.

John F5VLF