Re: LF: MF: EbNaut

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF: EbNaut
From: Paul Nicholson <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 15:18:36 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Stefan wrote:

> Will you run some EbNaut tests on LF some day?

Yes!   I'm having fun with transmitting.  I'm nearly
done with MF and am looking forward to rewiring the
multiplier for LF.

The PA is supposed to be broadband so perhaps it will
work at LF without change.   I've probably got a few
too many turns on the transformer anyway for MF, it
might actually run better at LF.

I just need to extend the antenna, a few more hundred
metres of wire strung through the trees, or maybe I
wind some wire around a bucket instead.   Either way, yes
LF soon I hope and it will be better for EbNaut.  MF is
a bit of a struggle.  Did you the see the mess my phase
was in by the time it reached Markus' receiver?  LF
means I can use longer symbols and less ERP.

I've ordered yet another 10MHz GPSDO, there are many on
EBay from China at the moment for a reasonable price.
When that arrives it will probably go into service for
a 2-axis LF rx.  It would be fun to put one of those
steerable spectrograms on LF.

No sign of an MF decode from Italy last night.  Valid
messages from 28th 22:40 to 29th 01:40 inclusive with
20 minute repeat. 5 chars, 512 symbols at 1 second, 8K19A.

Tonight I might give it one more run, after 22:00 when
the propagation has settled down a bit.

--
Paul Nicholson