Re: LF: New version OPERA >> ''Opera Dynamic'' <<

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: New version OPERA >> ''Opera Dynamic'' <<
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 11:11:40 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Graham,

The example you give below does not prove your case. In fact it does
the opposite. The last figure in the OPDS readout, "15.4dB", shows
that the decode is at the very edge of deciding that it is true and
must therefore be viewed with suspicion. OP does not have that kind
of figure. There is a lot of information in both the OPDS and WSPR
data that can flag up possible false decodes. The beauty of Opera is
that it is simple, but that is creating a problem here.

> I don't even   have  a  136  Tx  and  am  regularly  spotted on 136
>
> 2015-01-01 19:01:38 G0NBD   2056km 137513.376Hz   3mHz -36.6dBOp  95%
> 15.4dB

The information below is even more worrying. Until now it seemed that
every false decode was reported by only one station. Jay says he was
not active but two stations concluded that what they saw was his
transmission.

> This looks  convincing to  me, two  at  the  same time into  UK/SV
>
> 00:34    136 WD2XNS de SV8CS Op32 Deep Search 4722 mi -42 dB in
> Zakynthos Island with 1w + 00:34    136 WD2XNS de 2E0ILY Op32 Deep
> Search 3245 mi -42 dB in Shropshire IO82qv with 1w +

This is definitely still a work in progress.

Mike, G3XDV