Re: LF: VK1OD's analysis of the MiniWhip antenna

To: rsgb_lf_group <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: VK1OD's analysis of the MiniWhip antenna
From: Warren Ziegler <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 09:46:12 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=YvygZLq1OhbtoQ/aNp8jmzUJ56jfCwu24F8FiW/ofoo=; b=WPq5uBNfKAfUoDm2EnenkzYQk5UISl4RQ1oQyOawidS5KHVso6xUUARdfhUZudcjiw XxFN99pTYK9K4SftFuoGuMIE5s4YAmRb+rDuPMBde3y+xoM3GnQyCRMz9Eae10r8g6AF tHnW4yxR3CJQnRQ+YFIw0RI+xaSzR+23XyV+LAUTP13yix++RXmI6+U8FgkOlRPfkPgK Qefa6XuULnl8Li4roQNmrW2RSlCzFWuGHbZ4MRRvewReCpCTSZgg25K9fACgliDfpe8m fDHEPz/LyJc7282bo24dgEjlet5HNkBpZHOF9b7BnH8Bbd/TSflUVOgVduwD4D0BaRmd G1wQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Pieter-Tjerk,

  The electrostatic field analogy was pointed out in the AMRAD active whip article:
(see p. 36 "Siting and Installation"

  The author suggested a finite -element package to calculate the field potentials (Quickfield  http://quickfield.com/ )
It would take a great deal of work to adequately model my property, and I have so far not made the effort.

73 Warren K2ORS