Re: LF: VK1OD's analysis of the MiniWhip antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VK1OD's analysis of the MiniWhip antenna
From: g4gvw <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 16:40:43 +0100
Cc: Roelof Bakker <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Roelof,

I remember reading about a very similar antenna arrangement early in my career. It was described by the writer (name forgotten) as "one plate of a capacitor - the other plate being the rest of the universe". Somehow that description has stuck in my mind and has served to provide a simple explanation of "small" antennas in general.

73