LF: Further MF impressions

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Further MF impressions
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 16:03:53 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

MF,

I just thought my receiver isn't working correctly. I thought the xtal does not start to oscillate due to the higher ambient temperatures in the afternoon. But later i found that the band noise on MF is significantly lower than in the evening, at least 20 dB. So now i see that the band noise is about 5 dB above my soundcard noise with the current setup.

What do others know about the ground wave range in summer and in the afternoon? When does the band open? Similar to LF?

BTW thanks to DF6NM for the grabber. Nice tool to get some experience in these first days...

73, Stefan/DK7FC