LF: Re: Further MF impressions

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Further MF impressions
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 14:41:11 -0000
Cc: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan
Several factors.
During daytime hundreds of K/metres depending on Antennas and power.

I can hear the German Beacond all day long Q5 and S3- 6 on 505 Khz

I can work EI0CF all day every day on CW

I can also work the PA0 stns during daytime at S9 es plus

I use proper antennas and not uProbes. The problem in most cases is poor
Receiving because of poor antennas or noisy environment like LF

During darkness there is enhanced propagation and  world wide communications
is possible, certainly the USA to the West and Moscow to the EAST

The DX  stations that I work have proper wire antennas eg Large Loops, inv L
systems for both TX es RX

LF es MF bands require Large antennas for consistant reliability for QSO
purposes both RX as well as TX.

It is easy to BEACON,  all that is needed is an OSCILLATOR, and a piece of
wire but to communicate on CW both ways is a different story.

BEACON signal and QSL via Internet is EASY and that is where some go wrong
and their EARS become LAZY and no good for a QSO.

Small micro ferrite stick antennas work after a fashion but do not expect
the same results as those stations with proper antennas for the job

73 De G3KEV