Re: LF: Re: Further MF impressions

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Further MF impressions
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 23:01:10 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

''But G4WGT and G0NBD'', //   ''is over hilly, lower conductivity ground.''
Steady on Jim , your 'not' suggesting Gary and myself are 'over the hill' !!

We did have on the uk500khz site , the beacon plots , that where produced by Andy and Gary, using the G3PLX software and a Tx timing cct from Andy (G4JNT)

I think theses are still saved in zip files , or we may still have them saved, these showed quite nicely the path changes over time and the noise level variations ,

Quite a change to when 'we' first came on 500 with micro erp levels and no dedicated software !

Unless you have quite reasonable power levels and antenna systems , other than local qso , plain CW is not really a option on 500 , luckily with the recent developments, narrow data communications will be possible for all.

73 -G..