Re: LF: O.T.: Reflector status

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: O.T.: Reflector status
From: pws <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 13:22:51 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Pete,

You wrote:
> To avoid the adverts and the "Brave New World" or "The Shock of the New" that Yahoo has brought to LF you can elect to have your LF mails "Bundled" and delivered to your existing Web e-mail address or to your POP server sans ads!

That's all well known stuff. As I wrote here I know those Yapoo-Groups since many years. And compared to this old reflector I cannot see any valuable advantages. The system reliability even lacks too from time
to time there.

But we know that all postings, images, etc. are now under observation
and control of sheepdogs from the advertising industry. To say "I never
got adverts using ThunderLookOhaPad" does not mean that they don't.
We do not know what Yapoo does or will do next year with our data.

Another reason to say no are the negative experiences from other
 Yapoo-Groups. Guys are popping up under different pseudonyms
taking boring fake discussions about side issues, only to lure members
to their own esoteric pseudo-science related groups where these
guys often have more multiple logins of themselves than group-members.

Try it. The presentation is virtually as it was on Blacksheep but with a
clickable index at the top of the page.

No, thanks, see above...

Again: keep this reflector alive as it is!

Peter, df3lp