Re: LF: SDR programs

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SDR programs
From: Alberto di Bene <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:59:50 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Z-usanet-msgid: XID838qFTT825616X24
On 6/20/2012 7:40 PM, Stefan Schäfer wrote:
I assumed a SDR software is also for a mono input, not only for IQ inputs.
Are the programs you're referring on usable for both, IQ and mono?
Stefan,

  Winrad and all of its derivatives, like HDSDR and WrPlus, can be configured to accept
not only an I/Q signal, but also a mono signal. Of course you lose half of the bandwidth, meaning
that if you samples at 96 kHz, instead of having 96 kHz of band available, you will have only 48.
But this is unavoidable, the laws of physics are rigid... :-)

Winrad can be download from
http://www.weaksignals.com

while HDSDR can be downloaded from
http://www,hdsdr.de