Re: LF: Test signal needed

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Test signal needed
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 03:46:54 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Jan,

Am 20.06.2012 02:17, schrieb pa3abk:
Stefan,

Just be sure that the TX antenna is not coupled to the E-probe. ( De-tune the system when you check it)
Ah, you're right. I should have known... (Know it from LF). I will check if there is a difference when the TX antenna is out of resonance.

I'm mostly listening on my TX antenna, the E-probe is only a few meters away. These two interact in such that the E-probe is just a bufferamp of the main aerial.

To give you an idea how heavy this is: With a portable (AWP20 AKAI) I can enjoy MF in the toilet and bathroom providing the radio is near the waterworks and TX aerial is tuned.

IQ2MI is "good" beacon, just before sunset it manifest itself here and build up to S-6 during midnight. During the winter you can enjoy it the whole day.
FYI sometimes during clubevenings (Tuesdays?) it comes "live" with CQ. But assume they will not listen on 477 :-(
Oh, i've often got congratulation-emails from them about the LF work so i think i know who to ask for a sked :-)

Checked Meteox, during our QSO a heavy thunderstorm was over your QTH, it moved away and lost a lot of it's activity.
Yes, later i saw it on the DM4TR grabber. The QRN was strongest just to the time i called CQ. Maybe this is why i didn't successfully copy Rik..

73, Stefan