Re: LF: CQ on 476.5 kHz CW ... SDR programs

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: CQ on 476.5 kHz CW ... SDR programs
From: Piotr Mlynarski <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:27:01 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

W dniu 2012-06-20 00:11, Stefan Schäfer pisze:
Sorry Rik, i heared (probably) you calling me but i didn't catch your call. PA3ABK was reasonable strong. The QSB, yes.. So maybe next time..

Another question: Those of you who have a wideband RX (SDR for example), which SDR software do you use to surf over the band? There is one from I2PHD and i saw another one that is based on Linux. Recommendations please. I would like to download one tonite and don't know the program with the best features.

Hi Stefan, LF

i have SDR-IQ receiver from RFSpace. The primary supporting software for all their sdr hardware is Spectravue.
you can download this program from the rfspace site:

http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/SVDownload.html

i do recommend this program although it is sligthly difficult to get started.
However,  once you get familiar with it you will like it:)

on a "support" page of www.rfspace.com you will also find a link to sdr -radio:

http://www.sdr-radio.com/

they have a very powerful radio console which looks like a regular transceiver front side It has many many different options - of course, it does take time to learn all of them but the basic setup is rather easy..

i also recommend  HDSDR software:   http://www.hdsdr.de/index.html
very intuitive and easy to use.

Well, there is a growing number of sdr software supporting sdr hardware. an example of such collection of sdr programs you can find here:

https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/soundcard_sdr_software

yours, Piotr, SQ7MPJ

qth: Lodz /jo91rs/