Re: LF: info about better digital mode in 2200m band

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: info about better digital mode in 2200m band
From: "DP engineering" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:39:00 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

I know for sure that lentus and K1JT's modes are comparable.
They both use the "stadard" definition:  signal power/noise power over 2500Hz
band/signal

In my mind roughly : Opera2=WSPR, Opera8=WSPR-6db, Opera32=WSPR-12db
Do you think it's correct?

Opera2=WSPR states that Opera il less efficient (same period for less
information). But Opera don't require any kind of syncronization.

LENTUS = WSPR - 7db  For me it's reasonable (same information, more time to
trasmit it,  no pseudo-random sequence for syncronization, less "code gain" but
more "symbol" gain)

OK, making comparisons is not so easy... maybe also my conclusions are
discutable

I5ZPO / IW5BHY Andrea