Re: LF: info about better digital mode in 2200m band

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: info about better digital mode in 2200m band
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 15:28:39 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Ok Andrea,

Op simply (ish) uses time to determine the s/n level , by virtue of the power / time .. the time's in data terms are very long , but as compared to existing systems is a improvement ..

For each X2 time, there is a 3 dB advantage , OP2 = -26 dB OP4 -29dB OP8 -32dB etc wspr minimum decode -32 / -34 dB .. so that's -8 or -6 db correction factor.

Interestingly this puts the OP4H 8Khz mode past -50 dB decode level if you comparer to the higher 'standard'

Remembering wspr may be peak reading and Op average , its also possible Op will decode below the stated level's, due to the average s/n measurement.

One of the main thing are , stations are getting good results with the minimum of hardware, overall frequency stability requirements for OP32 is approx +/- 2 Hz over the 32 min period , widening as the time reduces. ( I think its a linear ratio ..but will check, that makes OP4 (500Khz) +/- 16 Hz)

Q what Ae and  power  is used ?

Good luck , G..