Re: LF: Big solar flare - major geomagnetic storms to follow

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Big solar flare - major geomagnetic storms to follow
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 12:29:16 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Alan,

In the NDB band the effects were rather dramatic.
Propagation from Scandinavia was very poor/non-existant.
Even close by stations e.g. from Poland were much weaker than usual.

One of my propagation markers is NDB VM-375 from Iceland.
It is very rare not to hear it, but yesterday evening it was completely gone.
At 04:00 UTC this morning, I could only spot a weak trace.

The band noise was also very low, which indicates that distant QRN was not propagated very well!

All in all quite interesting!

73,
Roelof, pa0rdt