Re: LF: Opera continuous changes

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Opera continuous changes
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 23:03:46 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Yes that was the thinking , s/n is not everything in this situation , rn3agc second OP50 did seem to give negative result to OP32 , but tonight , OP8 is decoding in the uk quite early . 3 db is about right for the x2 time , but that against a constant noise source, which is 'now looking a little controversial, with the level/quantity of decodes.

We did see one missed decode in 4x4 , but with the 50/60 min period and nothing to show ... 32 is back.

I'm not sure on the 2:1 ratio for the Hf bands at the moment , but beacon collisions are reducing the decode rate with the longer 1:4 time select , but as perhaps hf path losses are not as high , then the reduction in collisions is preferable to allowing a 6 dB gain , 1 watt to 4 say as opposed to LF where 6 dB could be 300 to 1200 w ,

G..