Re: LF: PA0RDT miniwhip in TX?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: PA0RDT miniwhip in TX?
From: Marco IK1ODO <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 22:34:25 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Gerhard,

the 100n capacitor will do nothing, it is in series with the input pad capacitance (a few pF). The diodes will clamp at 0.6 V, that is too low (every static "crack" will send the diodes in conduction) and limits the dynamic range. More, they will add capacity (2 pF each?) at the very critical point of the amplifier input, decreasing the gain.
I think I will leave the gate alone, as in the original design.

Possibly the idea of a small reed relay to be closed in TX may be better; those have very low C. But I will do that only after the ninth burnt J310 - they are so cheap from Roelof :-) (just jocking, of course, I could not resist)

73 - Marco IK1ODO