Re: LF: PA0RDT miniwhip in TX?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: PA0RDT miniwhip in TX?
From: "Mike.WE0H" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 06:53:50 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Roelof,
My antenna was mounted 15' off the ground with a ground wire connected to the coax braid right under the antenna. The lightning was not in my yard so I can only guess within 1 mile of my house? Close enough to see the lightning flash and instantly hear the crack sound. My antenna was built exactly per the original schematic when you came out with the antenna.
Mike
WE0H

Roelof B wrote:
Hello Mike,

Thanks for the report of your antenna failing.
How far away did the strike hit?
And how did you install teh antenna?

Maybe we can learn something out this failure.

73,
Roelof, pa0rdt