Re: LF: Re: PA0RDT miniwhip in TX?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: PA0RDT miniwhip in TX?
From: Roelof Bakker <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:12:59 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Dear James,

Thank you very much indeed for your thorough analysis.
The estimated 3 pF antenna capacitance is about right and is the same
as for a 30 cm long whip.

A 30 cm long whip and a 30 x 40 mm PCB antenna give the same signal
output.
However, I don't know if the induced voltage due to a near lightning
strike will be the same for both antennas. As the field strength is
proportial to the length of a whip, my guess is that for the PCB antenna
it probably is less. But this assumption might be totally wrong.

73,
Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt