Re: LF: Loops on TX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Loops on TX
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 00:47:22 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

 Hi Stefan and Group

The topic of Earth antennas is interesting. My question is how well will one work over rock? I really have little or no soil here. Any experience with this situation?

I do have a 100m deep well into the rock down to an aquifer. Perhaps that for one end and the other???

Any experience in this area out there?

TU Scott

Scott, don't you want to give VLF a chance? If you have so much space (like i have too in the Heidelberg's forest, but not as close to my home QTH), you could try to build a (earth) loop of some 10000 m^2 and could start a canadian VLF experiment!? I would watch out for your signal! :-)