Re: LF: Loops on TX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Loops on TX
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 00:44:23 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Scott,

A very interesting mail!

Am 28.09.2010 00:11, schrieb Scott Tilley:
A loop made for a very nice compromise...
If you can work JA / 7200 km in QRSS-10 it is not a compromise but probably one of the best antennas available for amateurs in the moment.

  As I have lots of convenient trees to support this so it is viable here and will improve my RX situation as well...

Scott, don't you want to give VLF a chance? If you have so much space (like i have too in the Heidelberg's forest, but not as close to my home QTH), you could try to build a (earth) loop of some 10000 m^2 and could start a canadian VLF experiment!? I would watch out for your signal! :-)

And what about a full size dipole for LF? 1000m is not the problem i assume? This may be an interesting alternative like you can see on my recent earth antenna tests. Here my antenna is not just working as a loop since the length comes near lambda. Maybe a dipole can give you an equal efficiency but can be built out of thinner wire and is easier to fed with RF.

What distance do i have to reach on LF with my earth electrode antenna so that you will see it as an interesting alternative, hi :-)

LF QRN comes down in the last days. Maybe i will do some changes on my LF active antenna circuit tomorrow (filters). I assume i can get another 3 dB or so of efficiency. Then, i hope to receive your signal this winther. And you will see mine! ;-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC

My experiments with verticals have come to an end at this QTH.  Not to say that in the future I will not experiment with them at other QTHs but they simply don't suit this QTH.  That's the secret in my opinion of getting a decent signal out is finding an antenna that maximizes the potential of a particular QTH not following a dogma certain mal-contents seem to preach...

73 Scott
VE7TIL
http://www3.telus.net/sthed/argo/