Re: LF: Loops on TX

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Loops on TX
From: Warren Ziegler <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 13:44:48 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=+fMIhBv2v5ojGSe58JZNDKu9nm+Nw6iQQ1KWG0p7PVk=; b=woX/ZjuPHGordfO1dHhxDKNu6D1M5TJDRBDNT3sKvDgSA/b60w4hUbc8L9/yUXLwAH y806pjqw3cU1d7eCme9zVgQw977RWPl/rTQ5txH+VJQCg5f8uRq1HI0FrdybAZSZJ+k3 lF8dQBvxQWeQz40Cn+9I7xphfcifZsIFrchIE=
Sender: [email protected]
Roger,

        I run a TX loop at the 1.2 kW level. The loop is made up of two turns of coax 24m vertical by 44m horizontal, the turns are spaced 3m apart and they are in parallel.
I can show you where the loop conductor came into contact with wet foliage and burned through the insulation of the coax!
There can be considerable potential differences from loop to ground!

Why would you want to consider dissipating transmitter power by creating a leakage path to ground?

--
73 Warren K2ORS
                WD2XGJ