Re: LF: VLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 09:37:32 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Why a ballon? If you want to keep it reasonably stable in the sky you need a LOT of helium and a BIG ballon. And i assume nobody wants to use hydrogen instead of helium when operating with some 10kV ;-) That helium is very expensive and needs to be flow off each time. A kite is just one investment and can theoretically be used for many years. It can easily carry some kg for many hours. Watch out for "power sled 36" on youtube to get some video impressions (not my movies) of that kite (alternatively "power sled 81"). Perhaps i should create a video of the next field-test to show how easily the kite can be set up in the sky... :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC

PS: The owner of the kite shop told me that someone has used a power sled 81 at to strong wind and it lifted up his car at one side (a VW bus (!)).