LF: VLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VLF
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 18:42:33 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
...wishing I'd persued the NoV application a few years ago instead of just letting it slide into oblivion...

Has anyone yet tried a ground loop at 9kHz?   That was going to be my first (and probably only) antenna type, running a length of wire as far away from the house as I could get-away with and connecting it to a ground stake, then feeding this against the existing local earth.   I never got round to making measurements to see what sort of ground resistance might be expected, but that would have been a lot easier than winding 1.4H air wound chokes.

My house backs onto a main road, and there is a drainage ditch running behide trees and foliage running for about 70m in one direction that would have made a useful route to hide a wire in.  Might have been interesting hammering in a ground stake next to the footpath at the corner of the next road though !