AW: LF: VLF_8.79 kHz_grounding systems

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: AW: LF: VLF_8.79 kHz_grounding systems
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:16:40 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
>Ground resistance is not worth in such a conditions. Coil (or
>high voltage transformer) resistance is much grater anyway.

So, the coil losses decrease with it's L (assuming a given wire diameter, coil
diameter and spacing and so on) and thus it is good to decrease the needed L.
So we have to spend a high coupling capacity to ground (at the end of Pete's
inv-L) and thus it may be useful to spend a high metallic area to ground which
can easily be done by such a foil ;-)

BTW, i do not think that the resistive losses at the "ground coupling end" of
the inv-L would be reduced by lifting the foil some cm/inches above ground. The
E-field lines in this capacitor model (foil-soil) will have to pass the same
way.

Stefan/DK7FC

<<winmail.dat>>