Re: AW: LF: VLF_8.79 kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: AW: LF: VLF_8.79 kHz
From: ALAN MELIA <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:31:17 +0000 (GMT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=btinternet.com; s=s1024; t=1266928277; bh=Wv6IrZMCXaXDz5SrTMSCcyWBfL4oi2LHCAlp56YO8BY=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=Qx8PC0NIFjSzhFFkcQWJuH7Xm1FGSj6wj22WhRmM5PHF55oC8WMiDSRR56Wf5LgJktc2WBTEk6lNeo3U30K9JoC2ycxG4BjQzBtjyZ2jXOXUwmU47H35XCO4vIsAJIvvqXpMDt7TkoWMyLkX9TxJG78wvCdsEWA0e7exxDmE61U=
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Stefan, I am not sure about your aluminium foil idea. I worry that this will
form a lossy capacitor because the dielectric a think film of ali oxide will
break down in places at this voltage and also there is the inknown of the
contact with the ground. I would rather use some UR67 it can be a length
unsuitable for real feeder work (I uses coax as a capacitor in an HV pulse
generator many years ago and though the spec is 6kV it certainly survived 15kV
with no burns though the dielectric. Rik and I discussed this format at length
many years ago for 136kHz but I dont think either of us did any tests.

I would suggest an HV capacitor might be the alternative old TV EHT type??

Actually grounding the remote ends is a lot easier and a lot less to carry if
you are operating "portable"

Alan G3NYK