Re: LF: AW: RE: active ant on metallic mast

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: AW: RE: active ant on metallic mast
From: g4gvw <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 23:45:23 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi All,

I have not been following this particularly well but would like offer
another alternative approach. With the plethora of low-cost offerings in
the 2.4Ghz and other "free" bands how about a low-power battery operated
RF link as a means of decoupling the antenna from a supporting structure
or cable. Such a device might be Solar charged during the daylight hours
and continuously transmit the signal from the antenna(e) to a suitable
Rx over a considerable distance given suitable link antenna arrangments.
This obviates the necessity to provide a physical path for an optic or
other transmission line and has the elegance of being "radio" at
frequencies in "our" part of the electromagnetic spectrum. My apologies
if someone has already suggested this - it does seem kinda obvious from
the bit of the wall that I'm coming off!

--
73 es gd dx de pat g4gvw
 qth nr felixstowe uk