AW: LF: 2nd try of sending the pic of my loop preamp with the BF862

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: AW: LF: 2nd try of sending the pic of my loop preamp with the BF862
From: Stefan Schäfer <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 00:50:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hey Ken,

Tnx for your statement. Well, i am not an expert in optic links and the parts i
choose are probably not the best, that are available for this application.

Theese parts were available for me and they are suitable in principle, although
the attenuation may be some dB less. Today i measured the gain of a single
BF862 in a preamp application for LF and i calculated a voltage gain of 26dB.
Well, in that case it is not so important for me if the cable has 3dB loss or
0,03dB loss. The main aspect is, that the local noise is decoupled. Because if
it is not decoupled, the SNR can quickly decrease by more than 20dB, as i saw.
And 3dB losses are not 3dB less SNR.

Perhaps the transmission system can be improved by using special parts. But are
they available for everyone (private, not commercial customers) and are they in
a range below 5EUR? Perhaps you can tell me/us a more suitable type of cable
that is perhaps even cheeper?
The parts i use in the moment have no special mounting. The fiber optic cable
is just cut with a gripper and stuck plugged in the housing of the LED, thats
all. And it can be done many times, thats important...

So, do you have an idea of better parts that are cheep and available, with
variable length of the cable, so not preassembled? :-)

73, Stefan/DK7FC