Re: LF: active ant on metallic mast

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: active ant on metallic mast
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 10:11:28 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Alan,

Thank you for the hands up.
Years ago an old hand told me that it made a lot of difference with the coax inside or outside the mast. But I don't know if the mast was grounded at the bottom, up on the roof or what else.
So it is time to get a proper metalic mast and do some tests.

Besides my SLM's, I now have a PERSEUS SDR for two years, which is not only an excellent receiver, but also a rather sophisticated piece of test gear. It has level meter, whith a 0.1 dB resolution, which is not a toy but accurate to 0.1 dB for relative measurements. The bandwidth can be set to 5 Hz if you like, which allows level measurements down to -143 dBm. And a 40 MHz spectrum analyzer with the noisefloor at -110 dBm, which is great in tracking down wide band noise, off air antenna tests etc.

73,
Roelof, pa0rdt