Re: LF: active ant on metallic mast

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: active ant on metallic mast
From: Gary - G4WGT <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 10:52:05 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:in-reply-to :references:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=KUPgtrfb+rRyKfud2oGblyu5DLWiwSHV8+7oou+P5gc=; b=mSijvfSG+aGmffT5E7fkh55BJ1LY20u6X6s8oxcMNou1kkIFWNyLMup57SPU4pIwOp orU/YMefm7KxgEcpqiBlWYKt9IlYn7dtOUc/Oy3r3jDevwD2xwk2b4hQmYc1Y43sXPtR 29m89tvk/y2jQv3IyKzefazpckCjN2cNZTNSM=
Sender: [email protected]
Roelof & All,

Just for your information I am using a PA0RDT Mini-Whip antenna for my grabbers, it is connected to 2 receivers via a passive 50 ohm splitter. The antenna size is 30 x 45 mm on the PCB. You can see my results at

The Mini-Whip is at about 9 metres high on a 1 metre PVC stand off arm attached to my main steel mast. The mast is 90mm diameter & the coax from the Mini-Whip runs along the stand off arm & down the side of the mast with my other coax cables from 3 other antennas & the rotator control cable.

The Mini-Whip coax is grounded at the base of the mast as is the mast itself. It seems to work very well. I have not compared the results with running the coax away from the mast straight down from the active antenna, could be a test I could carry out next time I have to work on the antennas.

73,  Gary - G4WGT.