Re: LF: Re: Tree noise

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Tree noise
From: "Dennis" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:04:37 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Dave!

> However bad a system Powerline is, it does NOT generate noise at
> 500kHz. It occupies 2-28MHz more or less with most of the devices
> having very deep notches in the amateur bands.

Did not know that, thanks!

> Wideband QRM like yours is far more likely to be switch mode psus (eg
> unfiltered PC supplies) or low energy lightbulbs.

Yes, one single noise source I was able to track down was the energy saving
bulb of my neighbours bedroom. Another source is my own Nokia cellphone charger
:(

But there is much much more out there.
I think it might be "something digital", thought it might be PLC, because
sometimes the noise drops and increases rhythmically, like a multiway data
transmission, somehow resembling a well used Packet Radio qrg.

vy73
Dennis
DL6NVC