LF: 500kHz qrg range

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 500kHz qrg range
From: "Dennis" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:17:56 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hi!

For some hours now I'm sitting in front of the computer, modelling a new and of
course much much nicer :)  preselector-filter for 500kHz. With a 3-inductor
nodal capacitor-coupled bandpass, a 12kHz passband seems to be a good tradeoff
beetween insertation loss (2-3db), passband ripple (1db) and shape (-24db at
518KHz, -43db at 531kHz).

So far I haven't noticed any transmissions below 500.000kHz (SK6RUD) and above
abt. 507kHz (Gus' SSB-Tests).

So I ask myself and now You :) , would You say it's important to keep the full
rx range from 495kHz to 510kHz and pay the price of a worse stopband
attenuation, or do You think, it's unlikely to hear any transmission at the
band corners?

vy73
Dennis