Re: LF: Re: 500kHz qrg range

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 500kHz qrg range
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:56:40 +0100
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=G2nuCYtPW9Iv/qDc+iBnyUeM25Vcdqt+NYrMsb/d2QLdob9gNwKDSZVHEWVylH1IG8g+UB2A8+FK27+9Tq9g8KliU8gbKLmZOsjNobbrdD2HsDjkZCl3wN62O0W7pVgA2GRnug1IULvXYrdYSff9MDNhBslsM200uyDTGsE069A= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Dennis I guess insertion loss is fairly easy to deal with at these
frequencies. Would it not be better to consider what you need to reject
rather than how little to accept? This would make the tuing easier and the
loss and ripple easier to keep low.

However I suspect that the worst problem in Europe might well be 500kHz
exactly, which is 16 times the TV line frequency. I dont think modern sets
radiate so much at this frequency that they used to with CRTs, but I still
have one or two CRT around me.

Alan G3NYK