LF: Re: Re: Tree noise

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Tree noise
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:29:09 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Like I have said in the past several times I am surprised how many LF/MF operators have loops strung from tree branches and in amongst trees and claim they are perfect, especially those in the USA. Most of the rf is being absorbed by the trees, perhaps a little escapes. Compared to loops little and large sited out in the clear they are poor performers at LF/MF Serious LF/MF operators should look for a QTH out in the clear avoiding serious obstacles like trees and close in buildings. Why struggle to reinvent the wheel when one has options like CABLE, MOBILE PHONES AND THE INTERNET to surf and chase LL DX.

g3kev

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Underhill" <[email protected]>