LF: Re: Re: Silent majority

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Silent majority
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 19:26:22 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

But Jim it is hardly rocket science contacting someone not far away using a system that takes up 1 khz of bandwidth in a 3 khz slot.
The modes used are only variants of those that have gone before.
There is virtually nothing new to discover or invent that has not already taken place on MF. The area of adventure is the microwave spectrum where the sky and bandwidth are unlimited. The original proposal and concept for 500 khz was to use telegraphy as defined in CAP and Marine publications and now issued by OFCOM on behalf of H M Government. Flexibility has been permitted in the use of data modes but not to the detriment of other users. Why not use these modes on 160 metres where there is more bandwidth available and less likelyhood of annoying other users on the band. 160m and 600m have similar propagation characteristics, plus the fact permitted power is higher, 400 watts in on segment of the band.
de G3KEV

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>