Re: LF: Re: Silent majority

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Silent majority
From: "Warren Ziegler" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 21:45:36 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=blqtJwUIchGDhH9AamgexLFvcX/OOK+IhIZGC/LUK4s=; b=UQ7QO4EHElQv6DGDPrS1mCwyKykObzODOXHYCm7jKWr9ogvrLZB+ItcVyUppR03BlL H+MMnVgEk08qQWKOMtQjFqhrFYLlkUQtY7WQegolxNdQaptbYtK0p2MTkylIO3CJiveO lakTIlZUhkwlzKXKEr9Cz8kbcBUpK+uM4lhSI=
Sender: [email protected]
> Since by general consent the 600m band is now wide open for experimentation
> of whatever computer aided mode that can be down loaded for free off the
> Internet. Might I suggest the use of SSTV.

       Several of us did exactly this last year (SSTV on 600m).
 The WE2XGR license (505-515kHz) 200W ERP can run practically any data
modes as well as ssb.
By staying above 510kHz we avoided causing QRM to other users of the
band (the others are all below 510).

Results were better than expected, my 100W (transmitter power out) was
copied clearly about 600mi away in Ohio.
I'm sure that if Bob WE2XGR/6 decided to run SSTV with his 200W ERP
you could copy it in the U.K.
--
73 Warren K2ORS
                WD2XGJ

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 9:36 PM, M0FMT <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi LF

 They say a picture is worth a