Re: LF: 500 kHz - Not so Silent majority

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 kHz - Not so Silent majority
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:54:20 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Chris and LF

It seems every action has unintended consequences. In writing the mail below I was trying to make a point about the escalating use of band width per transmission. That Olivia thing is wide plus side bands, as Mal said. If you or I started using it, it really would mess up the band for both of us. Another mail said its OK because it is spread spectrum therefore we would not notice it. That in my opinion is tosh because as we both know I can read your key up signal (and probably you can read mine) which means an SS signal will have to be blooming small as not to be worth radiating not to be heard or interfere with local stations. People seem to be carried away with modes that compete with each other like Wireless LAN etc but the principal does not in IMHO compute when in proximity to other single frequency Amateur Radio QSOing modes especially CW. That what I was trying to say!

I take back any thing that I said that has offended you in any way and please end your moratorium on 500kc/s activity. I did not want this unintended result of my mail trying to support Mal.

This means I have had to retract nearly every thing I contributed on the support of narrow BW signals for 500kc/s. In future I will zip it!

I am sorry Adrian has dropped 500kc/s however he does come up on 80m and I bet he will not be able to resist listening and doing x band  contacts.

73 petefmt Zipped!!!