Re: LF: Re: RE: Re: RE: QRS 240

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: RE: Re: RE: QRS 240
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 20:53:45 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello all,

I guess it all comes down to "live and let live".
While any kind of experimentation should be encouraged, one should also think about the impact it could have on other band users.
But the same is valid for all other activity in our small 3kHz band.
High power QRSS transmissions (aka lazy man's CW) in the middle of the band are also annoying for others, couldn't this be done near one of the band edges (as on 137kHz).

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

Quoting [email protected]:

 Hi All,
I think Mal was very nearly there with a solution to thse problems(?) in suggesting operation after midnight (or similar). There might be merit in accepting that all of the experimental modes AND the established modes are valid for the purposes of "experimentation". Acceptance of this together with a voluntary "bandplan" that was as much TIME based as mode/frequency based could be a sensible way forward. "TIME" slots could rotate to allow people to "experiment" at different periods of the 24 hour cycle with certain periods set aside as "free-for-all". One would, therefore, also be allowing for experimentation under current conditions for those wishing to determine the QRM-busting (or otherwise) qualities of the various modes. A "Battle-Royal" is not the most adult way to start off a new year and neither is it a scientific method that would impress Ofcom or any other body of professionals.

My "threepennerth" for what it's worth (hopefully more than 3 pence worth despite our blighted currency hi hi)

73 de Pat G4GVW