Re: LF: 500KHz QSB

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500KHz QSB
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:51:35 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 10:15:15 -0000
"Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Laurence, Dennis, LF,
>

> Good discussion has emerged since my first observation. I have had
> many constructive comments from various LF authors on here.

Hello Gary, LF,

For a nice view of selective fading on 500kHz my grabber is currently
showing the effect, and generally does at night, now that the Faroe
AMBC station on 531kHz is radiating wideband noise over a considerable
part of the low MF region.

This wideband noise, from a single point source, is a handy signal to
use, as it's reasonable uniform over the whole visible band on the
grabber. You can observe regions of high and low noise wandering across
the display, like observing the USB/carrier/LSB of an NDB, but across a
continuous spectrum.

The wide, noiselike spectrum of MT63 digital mode also makes
interesting viewing for selective fading.

Cheers,

John