Re: LF: 500KHz QSB

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500KHz QSB
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 16:26:47 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Gary,

if the QSB comes from multiple path propagation (where one of both of the paths is changing) QSB can be different on different frequencies.
One could even use the QSB/frequency pattern to determine the path changes.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

Quoting Gary - G4WGT <[email protected]>:

Hi LF,

Just made an interesting observation regarding QSB at 508KHz.

For my own benefit I have started running a slow SpecLab showing 500 to
510KHz & capturing for evaluation.

Occasionally the NDB "Z" shows up. The strange thing is that even though the
carrier on 508KHz & the two ID offsets at 509 & 507KHz are relatively close
they each display at different depth of fading or an out of phase fade
pattern.

I am unsure why this should be, any comments please, see capture at link :-

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wgtaylor/ZNDB.jpg

73,

Gary - G4WGT - IO83QP.