Re: LF: Re: WSPR and CW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: WSPR and CW
From: Stewart Bryant <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 20:11:03 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Gary - G4WGT wrote:
Stewart, Jim & LF,

I can recommend Dimension 4 saftware, I have it automatically set the PC
clock every 15 minutes.

73

Gary - G4WGT.

"Dimension 4 uses one of a few well known and broadly implemented internet protocols to connect with publicly available time servers that have been operating on the Internet for over 15 years. These time servers typically have their very own atomic clocks, or are directly connected to other machines that do."

That looks like an NTP implementation to me. Most of these are a port
of the code written by Dave Mills' team at University of Delaware

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp.html

NTP is free in XP, Vista, Linux, OSX and most other operating systems
I can think of.

Stewart/G3YSX