Re: LF: Re: WSPR and CW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: WSPR and CW
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:35:21 EST
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 28/12/2008 21:58:00 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

I wrote that reply as it was me who recommended D4, I like it & it is reliable.

I picked up a Maplin 60KHz receiver to develop in that way but now I just use it as a VLF Rx. HI HI.

Whoops...sorry about that, that'll teach me to read more carefully:-)

I suppose that's one advantage of the Galleon unit, it came self contained and ready to go so less tempting to divert for other purposes and it did do a good job.
I just objected when they wanted to charge £30 "re-registration" fee for the software on floppy after the first disk was mislaid during a move, which was what prompted me to go looking and then find the hardware and software on the HKW site.
Living within spitting distance, well almost, of the new MSF site was quite handy too but finding D4 and needing access to both serial ports was what put the Galleon back into its bottle.

Come to think of it though.......I do have a Tracor 900A VLF receiver in dire need of an antenna:-)

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR