Re: LF: Re: Re: WSPR and CW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re: WSPR and CW
From: Scott Tilley <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 11:37:23 -0800
Sender: [email protected]

All this is evidence of your lack of skill in the setup of your own station nothing more nothing less...

mal hamilton wrote:

YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NOT SEEN MY REPORTS RECENTLY.
I OFTEN COPY THE USA STATIONS AUDIBLE AND LOUD ON CW AS WELL AS THE QRS3 TRANSMSSIONS. WHEN YOU WERE STRUGGLING A FEW NIGHTS AGO ON WSPR I WAS SEEING THE SIGNAL TRACE SOLID INSPITE OF SOME SLOW QSB AND HAD XGR/2 BEEN ON QRS3 I CERTAINLY COULD HAVE HAD A QSO AS I DID A COUPLE OF NIGHTS LATER, XGR/2 OOO COPY. This is the situation at my QTH obviously your RX set up needs tweaking. An other disadvantage of wspr is the accurate time sync required for a decode plus frequency accuracy, NOT the case with ON/OFF keyed morse slow or fast. All things considered there is nothing to date to beat CW in its many formats. On the HF bands I have noticed an increase in hand sent and auto CW commercial acty, CW is certainly not going away, and during contests on the amateur bands one can hardly find a slot to TX. There are digital modes also about but they seem to be slow at overtaking CW, most are obviously not convinced.
mal/g3lev