Re: LF: LF Receiver

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LF Receiver
From: Wolfgang Büscher <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:27:15 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Andy,

About the SDR-IQ (I'm also a pleased owner of it)...
The only thing it suffers from is not having a clock locked to a master reference. Needs 66.667MHz and I've just never got round to making a locked clock yet. But its probably stable enough for QRSS as it is.
I had the same concern when we used it for a 10 GHz radio-astronomy experiment. A simple solution without a PLL:

10 MHz (from reference osc)
divided by 3 , then (using analog frequency doublers etc):
* 2 * 2 * 5  = 66.66666.. MHz

But, especially for LF / MF, the SDR-IQ's clock oscillator is surprisingly stable.

Cheers,
  Wolf DL4YHF .

/3  =: 3.33333
66.6666/20  =: 3.33333

AGC can be disabled, and is only used for demod anyway, to keep volume constant. The waterfall display operates independently of the demod and is always at fixed gain. Andy G4JNT