Re: LF: LF Receiver

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: LF Receiver
From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:11:20 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=4GTmoXCb5c44F5zxA4r662yn1yJiZsAi71gConN5l6k=; b=A7mY52CrsAN3iJJy0IBl99mOOf89Syl6MQds99+nRiagE5UOfBHEk0iOcneIdGEPdJcRUwmijBCdYsT6NBxTGZg7iEG3/tThfP6KTCYjMGp6RtWPR76TtjTWTwdb8pZHEb5VEYg2ovgvfp3+1NORFhEjUiMh4NXwJeBvghF/DlE=
Sender: [email protected]
Which are the receivers you have encountered that do suffer this problem of non-switchable AGC?  It doesn't sound like a very healthy trend at all !

I'd use an SDR-IQ for LF these days. In fact I use one for most listening/monitorinf now. Its better, more adaptable and just generally nicer to use than the RA1792.  And infinitley better to tune with point and click on the waterfall display.  The only thing it suffers from is not having a clock locked to a master reference.   Needs 66.667MHz and I've just never got round to making a locked clock yet.  But its probably stable enough for QRSS as it is.

AGC can be disabled, and is only used for demod anyway, to keep volume constant.   The waterfall display operates independently of the demod and is always at fixed gain.

Andy  G4JNT